A Guide to Choosing Healthy Herbs & Spices
- Fresh herbs are easy to grow, even in a sunny windowsill, and add not only fantastic flavor and color to dishes, but also add minerals, enzymes and other healing properties to the diet. If you don’t grow your own, look for local, organic herbs at the store or farmers market.
- Spices truly make all the difference in cooking. A well-seasoned meal is a delight and spices add healthful properties to the meal.
- Spices should be organic, local when possible, and non-irradiated (treated with radiation)
- Use care when buying pre-made seasoning blends. Read the label carefully and make sure there are no binders, fillers, MSG (monosodium glutamate, a harmful neurotoxin) or other undesired ingredients.
- Pepper should be freshly ground, rather than purchased pre-ground, as the flavor and nutrient properties are much better when ground fresh at the time of cooking.
Comments are closed.