Fresh Bites Friday May 11, 2012

by Matt on 05/10/2012

{ 18 comments }

Jill@RealFoodForager.com May 10, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Hi,
I shared a recipe dairy free chocolate pudding and an article about Spirulina a super food. Also a an article about the antibiotic resistant bacteria and what to do about it. And an article about the glue that may be in your steak!

Join the fun! Are you an urban suburban, or rural homesteader? Show us your homestead in a feature on my blog!

Amy May 17, 2012 at 11:03 am

Hey Jill! Thanks for sharing! I can’t wait til we get settled in at our new place to share pictures of our little “farm”!

Kathy (aka Mrs Dull) May 11, 2012 at 12:23 am

Thanks for hosting! I’ve shared my favorite go-to meal for busy days and a few thoughts on beef tallow. Did you know your Grandma was a Real Foodie? She didn’t either ;-)

Amy May 17, 2012 at 11:02 am

So true, Kathy! Although I think we’d have to go back to my GREAT-Grandma for that one! :)

kristy lynn @ Gastronomical Sovereignty May 11, 2012 at 1:34 am

Happy Friday linky party darlings!

This week I’ve linked up:

1. Why I think 3 ways are always a good idea… aka Gnocchi 3 Ways: Part 1.
2. My Spring seasonal guest post @ Seattle Seedling where I ask for a “beeting”… aka Spring Beet Bruschetta.

What’s wrong with me? I think I need help.

Amy May 17, 2012 at 11:02 am

LOL, Thanks, Kristy Lynn! You are too funny!

Amber May 11, 2012 at 1:49 am

Hello and thank you for hosting.

This week I am sharing…

(1) Dark and White Chocolate Covered Strawberries (sugar free & Vegan). Inspired by Ricki! What a great Mother’s Day treat.

(2) Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles (sugar free) & Strawberry Teff Pancakes (allergy-friendly) – in the same post. We went strawberry picking so I’m going a little crazy with the strawberries!!

(3) Chicken, Mango and Black Bean Salad with a Vegan Cilantro Lime Sauce (SCD friendly)

Have a great weekend!

Be Well,
–Amber

Amy May 17, 2012 at 11:01 am

Thanks for sharing, Amber! :)

Annemarie May 11, 2012 at 8:06 am

Thanks for hosting! I included my recipes for homemade Larabars, and my post also gives a cost breakdown to show how much money we can save by making our own.

Amy May 17, 2012 at 11:01 am

Awesome Annemarie! Thanks for sharing- everyone can always benefit from saving some green! :)

Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry May 11, 2012 at 11:55 am

Happy Friday! I shared two healthy treats this week: Banana Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies and Raw Lemon “Cream” Bars as well as a post on 10 Powerhouse Gluten-Free Grains. Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing Mommas out there!

Amy May 17, 2012 at 11:00 am

Thanks for sharing with us, Laura!

Emily @ Holistic Kid May 14, 2012 at 10:23 am

Hi and thanks for hosting!

This week I’m sharing my recipe for Hibiscus Tea. Sipping a frosty iced tea is one of the simple joys of summer, and hibiscus elevates the experience to sublime refreshment.

Enjoy!

Amy May 17, 2012 at 11:00 am

Hey Emily! Oh I LOVE Hibiscus tea- it is SO refreshing! Thanks for sharing :)

Kendahl @ Our Nourishing Roots May 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Today I am sharing my Quick Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce. It’s so easy to whip up in the blender and serve over pasta, bread, quinoa, or another dinner item.

Amy May 17, 2012 at 10:59 am

Yum! Thanks, Kendahl!!

Stephanie May 15, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Hi all! I cook vegan meals that are inspired by produce from my local CSA (farm-share). All my recipies are original.

This week, I’m sharing a roasted veggie pasta with cashew and sorrel pesto. If you’ve never tried sorrel, it’s a great new herb/green to add to your diet.

Amy May 17, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thanks Stephanie! We don’t follow a vegan diet but some of the recipes can be a great way to include more veggies into your diet- and that benefits everyone! :)