Fresh Bites Friday June 1, 2012

by Matt on 05/31/2012

{ 20 comments… read them below or add one }

Candace May 31, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Thanks so much for hosting! I’m looking forward to seeing what is shared this week.

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Welcome, Candace. Thanks for joining us!

Jill@RealFoodForager.com May 31, 2012 at 9:51 pm

HI,
I shared a video/recipe for Preserved Moroccan Lemons and an article about what sustainable seafood really means. Also an article that highlights answers about fermentation by the expert!

Learn how to culture anything! Register for Get Culture — On line Fermentation Class – On Sale Now! Big Savings!

Spring Sale From Real Food Media — 25% Off All books classes and meal plans!

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm

That sounds so refreshing- thanks Jill!!

Kathy (aka Mrs Dull) May 31, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Thanks for hosting! This week I’m continuing with my series Real Food Economics 101. This installment is Strategies to Reduce Food Costs.

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Great tips- thanks Kathy!

Debbie @ Easy Natural Food June 1, 2012 at 1:18 am

I’m sharing my Tomato Vegetable Soup and my Energy Trail Mix, and letting everyone know about Summer Salad Sundays that will run in place of Sunday Night Soup Night over summer. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Yes, it’s getting to be salad season! Thanks, Debbie!

Tessa@TessaDomesticDiva June 1, 2012 at 9:14 am

Happy Weekend! Weekends have totally different connotations for now with the kids out of school and lack of structure, they’re not quite as relaxing as they used to be! I stopped by to share a coconut butter post:
and a healthy treat: Sunbutter Blondies: http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2012/05/peanut-butter-blondies-gluten-free-vegan.html

Thank you for hosting and letting us all share.

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Thanks so much for sharing, Tessa! :)

Allison Holden June 1, 2012 at 11:25 am

Thanks for hosting! I am sharing some homemade fermented chickpea “cheese” and banana-cream filled frozen yogurt cups.

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Thanks for sharing, Allison!

Kendahl @ Our Nourishing Roots June 1, 2012 at 11:55 am

This week I am sharing two posts that I think are very important:

Ethical Omnivorism: Another Name for Real Foodie–this post looks into the ethics behind eating happy animals. And how we overlap with veganism!

Think Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Will Give You Heart Disease? Think Again.: the name says it all. Come over and learn the happy truth!

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Absolutely great on both counts! :) Thanks, Kendahl.

kristy @ gastronomical sovereignty June 1, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Good morning/afternoon – what a late linker I am today!

For this week’s link up I’ve decided to submit my contribution to the Secret Recipe Club – are you a participant?

My contribution: Pan seared duck breast salad with fruit and toasted walnuts. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your breasts. Mine took a while… Story of my life.

Oh yeah – and i’ve included a second link this week too for our CSA Week #13. We got a wowza Spring of a box! …and I need help. I’m on pause! PAUSE!

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I’m going to check that out for sure! And we are real duck fans over here…I’m making one tomorrow actually and doing a cider glaze. Soooo tasty!

Rachel @ Rediscovering the Kitchen June 2, 2012 at 2:02 am

Hello! Thank you for hosting this.

I think this is my first time sharing here, and it is a recipe for making your own coconut milk;
A little effort but so worth it!

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Welcome, Rachel! Glad you’ve joined us. Love coconut milk and homemade IS so worth it!

Emily @ Holistic Kid June 4, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Hi and thanks for hosting! This week I’m sharing my recipe for Old Fashioned Root Beer. This is a simple, beautiful recipe for a summertime favorite.

Enjoy!

Amy June 11, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I simply must check that out! Thanks, Emily!!