Fresh Bites Friday March 2, 2012

by Matt on 03/01/2012

{ 31 comments }

Jill@RealFoodForager.com March 1, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Hi,
I shared a recipe for a Cacao Date Energy Bar. Also, an article about the sacred foods for a healthy pregnancy and birth, and article about healthy vending machines.

Please help a send a message to the FDA about antibiotics in animal feed!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:28 am

Hey Jill! Thanks for sharing! Great stuff!

Becky @ Pure Vitality March 1, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I shared a post about how to do a healthy pantry and kitchen makeover. It’s an excerpt from an eBook that will guide you through a complete kitchen and
pantry makeover, which can be downloaded for FREE on my website. It’s kinda like taking a personal tour of my kitchen and pantry! It is really good for newbies,
but you may find tips there as well.

Enjoy!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:27 am

Thanks, Becky! :)

Jen March 1, 2012 at 9:52 pm

This week I posted a Coconut Crepe recipe and a Squash Porridge – both grain free!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:27 am

Hey Jen- Yum! Thanks for sharing!!

Jessica March 1, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Thanks for hosting! I posted my review of safe cookware options that include vintage cast iron, ceramic (Le Creuset) and glass.

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:27 am

Hey Jessica! Great! Thank you- I use a bit of all of them in my kitchen!

Dawn @ Small Footprint Family March 1, 2012 at 11:50 pm

This week I’ve posted on 13 Ways to Create a Sustainable Food System. Consumer demand for real food is simply not enough to stop the destruction of our planet and our health by industrial agriculture. Here’s a more comprehensive approach.

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:26 am

Loved this post, Dawn- shared it far and wide- really great! :) Thanks!

Foodsmiths General Store March 2, 2012 at 12:11 am

We’d like to share our recipe for broccoli and beef poutine made with fermented french fries and chili ginger soy sauce gravy:
We’re also sharing our raw milk cheesecake with a salted chocolate sable crust and cherry compote:

Thanks!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:26 am

Welcome! I am SO going to make that cheesecake- yum- thanks for sharing!

suzyhomemaker March 2, 2012 at 9:41 am

I shared a post on my homemade Asian dressing. It is so easy to make and has a great tangy flavor to it. I also compare the ingredients to a store bought bottle.

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:23 am

Isn’t it something what can be in bottled salad dressing- ick? So much better to make your own! Thanks for sharing!

Andrea (@FrSeed2Stomach) March 2, 2012 at 9:48 am

Does your community have a Winter Farmers Market? Are you trying to eat more locally sourced seasonal produce? If so, check out my link, “How to Navigate a Winter Farmers Market.” Please leave a comment with your tips while you’re there. Thanks for hosting!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:23 am

Great, Andrea! Thanks for sharing!

Judy@Savoring Today March 2, 2012 at 9:50 am

Shared a post about our experience navigating the reality of a heart healthy diet after my husband’s heart attack. Nothing like first-hand experience to make a believer out of us–what a ride! Thanks for hosting!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:22 am

Oh wow, Judy! Thanks for sharing your insight on this…what an experience!

Kendahl @ Our Nourishing Roots March 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

This week I am sharing my latest REAL FOOD 101 post on how to make several kinds of yogurt. Learn how to make 24-hour GAPS yogurt, too!

I also shared my Linky Links for February: all the fun things I have been reading this month.

And finally, inspired by my recent headcold, I share my 18 ways on How to Kick a Cold!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:23 am

Hey Kendahl! Excellent stuff- thanks for sharing!! :)

Amanda Rose March 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Thanks for hosting! I shared a post on an sardines — their nutrient content, how to shop for them, and cooking ideas.

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:24 am

Great post, Amanda! I thought I would hate sardines, but I buy them from Vital Choice and actually they taste a lot like tuna to me, so I use them for tuna salad!

Vicky March 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Hi! I’ve shared a couple of recipes today – a Beetroot Salad and a vegetables and Cashew Nut curry! Have a lovely week and thank you for hosting!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:24 am

Hey Vicky- love beets! Thanks for sharing!

Emily @ Recipes to Nourish March 2, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Thanks so much for hosting. I shared a Cinnamon-Thyme Tea recipe, a great natural remedy for colds, flu, sore throat, coughs, immune boosting, etc. Thanks again.

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:25 am

Hey Emily! Thanks for sharing…sounds delightful for days when you are a bit under the weather!

Amber March 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Happy Friday,

This week I am sharing two recipes: (1) a super easy, super tasty marinara sauce (SCD friendly), and (2) homemade walnut milk.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Hugs,
–Amber

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:25 am

Hey Amber! Thanks for sharing with us!!

kristy lynn @ Taste Buds March 2, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Real food just makes me so happy!

You know what else makes me happy? your linky party! This week i’ve linked up my recipe adaptation for braising green & caramelized onion tacos. Talk about West coast Winter food!

Amy March 7, 2012 at 12:26 am

Hey Kristy Lynn- Real Food makes me happy too- thanks for sharing with us!! :)

kristy lynn @ Gastronomical Sovereignty March 2, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Thanks for hosting, of course!

This week I’ve come across an interesting video by Chipotle (love or hate them?) – about pork! Well, pigs rather.

I. Love. Pigs!