Fresh Bites Friday presents a Real Food Fiesta!

by Amy on 01/20/2011

Everyone loves mexican food- so we’re having a real food fiesta! Share your best mexican food recipes, using only real food ingredients (no processed food or fake foodstuffs here) and let’s all enjoy. Ole!

1. Please use ONLY real food ingredients (no Velveeta, box mixes or other processed foods). Posts not using real food will be deleted.

2. Please post a link on your blog post linking back to this carnival. This helps everyone! Facebooking and Tweeting about the carnival does too- this is encouraged!

4. Please add a comment after you post your link.

This post is part of Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade
Real Food Weekly at The W.H.O.L.E. Gang
Fresh, clean and pure at La Bella Vita
Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist
Tuesday Twister at GNOWFGLINS
Hearth and Soul over at A Moderate Life
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Tuesday Night Supper Club
Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green

{ 27 comments }

Raine January 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Hi Amy – I am so excited for your carnival! I’m glad it was easy to set up. You have inspired me, and all these dishes look delicious! Thanks for our chat today, I so appreciate you! :)

Amy January 21, 2011 at 12:15 am

Thanks, Raine! I LOVE your steak enchiladas- YUMMY! I appreciate you too- it was great to get some time to chat with you. I’m sending good energy your way! :-)

Megan January 21, 2011 at 10:31 am

I posted my quick and hearty recipe for Huevos Rancheros. Mexican food is my FAVORITE! :)

Amy January 21, 2011 at 11:36 am

Hi Megan, Welcome! Thank you SO much for posting your Huevos Rancheros recipe. Yum! Mexican food is my favorite too, especially the real food versions of popular dishes. I’m going to add your blog to my blog roll, it’s nice to “meet” you. Stop by anytime! :-)

Kari January 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Hi Amy, thanks for stopping by and letting me know about your Mexican Food Carnival. Perfect timing! Looks like you have some yummy recipes.

Amy January 22, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Hi Kari! Thanks for visiting the blog and commenting. Love all the Mexican recipes- too fun!

Alex at A Moderate Life January 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for the invitation to link up to your spiffy and festive Mexican Food real food fiesta! Ole!!! I am now following your tweets and grabbed your RSS feed! I am linking up my latest creation, Tex Mex Quinoa Loco which can be made with meat or in a vegetarian version. This was the first time I made Quinoa and rinsed it thoroughly so all the bitter Saponins were washed away. What a huge difference that makes! My family asked for seconds and seconds again the next day when I made this into a casserole with some raw cheese on top! All the best for a successful Blog Carnival! Alex

Amy January 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Thanks so much, Alex! Welcome to RFWH! I’m going to try that quinoa- the rinsing is so smart! Of course that would help..duh..never thought of it. :-)

Christine January 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I don’t really have anything to add, but I LOVE Mexican food, so I’m bookmarking this carnival. I’m so excited to look through the recipes!

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:23 am

Hi Christine- welcome! I appreciate you stopping by and checking out the recipes! So many yummy things to try :)

Heather @girlichef January 25, 2011 at 7:13 pm

All right! This is my kinda carnival :) YUM on all accounts. Thanks for sharing it w/ the Hearth and Soul Hop this week….I brought some Tortilla Soup :D

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:23 am

Thanks, Heather!!!! Delicioso!

Sense of Home January 25, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Thanks for the invite, I’ve linked with the Spicy Black Bean Soup. You are right, everyone loves Mexican food.

-Brenda

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:22 am

It’s just one of those things, huh? I am all about Mexican food, growing up in TX. :-) Thanks for sharing!!

Andrea (Andreas Kitchen) January 25, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Hi! I just found your blog tonight and I’m so happy because I love Mexican food! The links that people are leaving on your post all look great! I am sharing my recipe for Shrimp Salsa. It tastes amazing as a dip but it’s great as a topping on a salad too. So healthy!

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:22 am

Hi Andrea! Thanks so much for sharing- it looks like a really awesome recipe. Love the idea of using it as a salad topping!

Mireya January 26, 2011 at 12:43 am

Hi Amy,
Thanks for the invitation to come to the fiesta! The food here looks great what a good party. I’ll be subscribing to you via RSS. I hope everyone likes my recipe for Turkey with Cumin for Libido.

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:21 am

Sounds so good! Can’t wait to try it :-)

honeybeecooksjackfruit January 26, 2011 at 1:23 am

These all look so yummy! Cant wait to check them all out!

It's a keeper January 26, 2011 at 8:47 pm

This recipe looks amazing! I would love for you to link this or any of your recipes to my blog hop @ It’s a Keeper Thursdays. http://www.everydaytastes.com/

Thanks so much for sharing!

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:20 am

Great, thanks! Will do :)

Butterpoweredbike January 27, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Ooo eee, just look at all of those great links, and you’re right, everyone loves this kind of food, and it takes so well to the real foods style of cooking. Congrats and thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:20 am

Thanks so much for stopping by!! :-)

Alex at A Moderate Life January 27, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Hi Amy, I just wanted to stop back in to tell you I am sharing your new Blog Carnival on my thoughts on friday link love post at a moderate life. I also wanted to tell you that I checked out your profile and was amazed at how similar our stories are! I had Lymes Disease and after years of medication, I was through! Went through every dietary protocol in the book, including raw vegan and ended up sick and tired. After discovering a balanced whole foods diet with a leaning towards traditional food, I am soooo much happier and healthier! So glad you too found your way to sanity! All the best, Alex

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hey Alex!! Well, first, thanks so much for sharing the carnival! :-) Second, that is so neat that we’ve walked similar paths. I always love hearing the stories of how people overcame illness, especially using real and traditional foods, and got off the hamster wheel of drugs and side effects. Congrats on your success and many healthy, happy days ahead! :-)

Judy January 28, 2011 at 8:49 am

Just discovered your site, good stuff! Thanks for the invite to participate, just made Fajitas this week and created a Fajita Salad with the leftovers too–everybody loves Mexican food :)

Amy January 31, 2011 at 11:17 am

Thanks, Judy! Glad you stopped by- yum- fajita salad- excellent use of leftovers! :)